It is day 2 of the challenge and it is all about ditching disposables! No need to worry, doing it is actually easier than you might think!
Check this :
Easy right? If not – take time to think of a process that would work for you. I love these tips:
- Think about the single-use disposable items you use regularly. For example, how frequently do you buy coffee or lunch?
- To start, pick one item you want to swap for a reusable alternative.
- Start using your alternative reusable item. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you forget to bring your reusable item. It takes a few attempts to establish a new habit.
- There is usually more than one option available for reusable items, such as glass or plastic Cups. Trial a few options, ask friends what they use and find the one that works for you.
- Now that you’ve got the hang of using a reusable item why not add another one?
Ditching Disposables In the Bathroom
Yes – you can ditch disposables in the bathroom too!
- Switch to bamboo toothbrush
- Use washable face cleaning pads
- Shampoo Bars
- Bamboo Cotton Buds
- Menstrual Cups
- Bar Soaps
I love this illustration that gives you easy tips to help you with the transition:
and also these easy ones by Cindy Mangomini:
Ditching Disposables In The Kitchen
- Use fabric napkins
- Carry a (fabric) napkin, spork and reusable coffee cup
- Buying fruit and vegetables at the local market in (very cute) reusable cotton bags to avoid plastic-wrapped supermarket products.
- Always choose a non-plastic packaging option for everything I buy. (If there is one.)
- More tips below:
It is all about a low impact living. It does not need to be perfect but starting is already a great step! I hope these few tips will help you on your journey.
Share your tips in the comments!